This blog is intended to encourage others on their journey into their creative "artscape". I have enjoyed many years as an artist learner, creator, and teacher. Life is inspiring, and I want to share the vantage point that I have been fortunate enough to view life from. I want to move a smidge over, and invite you to sit right next to me, and enjoy a 360 degree view of my "artscape". Join me in discovering and uncovering the creative soul that we all possess.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Enter a Show- Cross your Fingers


Neighbors (diptych)
Acrylic painting on stretched canvas
H 48”
W 72”
D 1 ½”
$1,800.00
Four Cupcakes
Acrylic painting on stretched canvas
H 40”
W 32”
D1 ½”
$1,200.00
SKATE
Acrylic painting on stretched canvas
H16”
W 40”
D 1 ½”
$600.00
 This is what my reference sheet looks like- but I don't think the pics are coming through. You can see the paintings on juliaspaintings.blogspot.com
It's so hard to decide what shows to enter. I spend more money than I should already on my materials for my artwork- then add the expense of entering shows, and phew- no wonder I'm always broke.
I'm learning all the time how to do more of the process myself, or with the help of my wonderful family. Last night we took pictures of my work and Cara's work that we wanted to enter in the latest local show. My reference sheet probably doesn't look quite as professional as a few I've done before- but we did it ourselves, so I saved money!

No comments:

Post a Comment