This blog is intended to encourage others on their journey into their creative "artscape". I have enjoyed many years as an artist learner, creator, and teacher. Life is inspiring, and I want to share the vantage point that I have been fortunate enough to view life from. I want to move a smidge over, and invite you to sit right next to me, and enjoy a 360 degree view of my "artscape". Join me in discovering and uncovering the creative soul that we all possess.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

tip #10- learn something new

I'm really trying to learn something new as often as I can, it spurs on the creativity, helps my brain, and adds to my repetoire!
I pick a big thing every year- and it's not necessarily in art- for instance, one year it was learning to crochet, another it was learning about horses, this year was internet networking (thus the blog :)... Every new thing can lead to another! My crocheting is leading to thinking about other textiles, and possibly weaving. I wove a little change purse this year, and will probably do more next Fall.
I try to learn something new everyday. I choose a topic and find a daily email about it.  I have signed up for daily poems, about drawing, about painting, this day in history, about running...
Today I watched a video about portraits on http://www.artistsnetwork.tv/ It was steps to a 5 minute portrait. I took notes in my sketchbook!
I also look at etsy.com quite often for inspiring new ideas! Artbabble, and Art 21 are good sources for me too. I love to see what's new, and what's going on with artists!
I would love to hear ideas from other artists and teachers- what do you do to keep fresh and new?

No comments:

Post a Comment