This blog is intended to encourage others on their journey into their creative "artscape". I have enjoyed many years as an artist learner, creator, and teacher. Life is inspiring, and I want to share the vantage point that I have been fortunate enough to view life from. I want to move a smidge over, and invite you to sit right next to me, and enjoy a 360 degree view of my "artscape". Join me in discovering and uncovering the creative soul that we all possess.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wonderments: make it yourself games

At the end of the school year I love to give students ideas for ways they can use art to keep from getting bored in the summer. I often teach them some paper folding, and making things from recycled stuff, anything that will capture their imagination and motivate them to be creative at home. This year I am showing some of my classes how to make a simple game, then they can springboard off this idea to invent their own games! Here are a few results from 1st grade. The board game is on one side- and the spinner is on the other side of the cover. They can invent more boards and pieces to add to their book all summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment