This blog is intended to encourage others on their journey into their creative "artscape". I have enjoyed many years as an artist learner, creator, and teacher. Life is inspiring, and I want to share the vantage point that I have been fortunate enough to view life from. I want to move a smidge over, and invite you to sit right next to me, and enjoy a 360 degree view of my "artscape". Join me in discovering and uncovering the creative soul that we all possess.

Monday, May 17, 2010

tip #6: be healthy, be a better artist

One of the things I talk to my students about is keeping your brain healthy. The healthier your brain, the better you can function to create your artwork!  Think about it, when you are super tired or super hungry it's like thinking through molassas! Here are a few things you can do to keep your brain at its best:
1. get a good night's sleep
2. eat right- your brain needs good nutrition to function well
3. drink water- lots of water! 8 glasses is a good target
4. exercise- get the oxygen to your brain
5. learn new things to stretch and grow your brain
...and always, laugh and have fun! it's super good for your brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment