This blog is intended to encourage others on their journey into their creative "artscape". I have enjoyed many years as an artist learner, creator, and teacher. Life is inspiring, and I want to share the vantage point that I have been fortunate enough to view life from. I want to move a smidge over, and invite you to sit right next to me, and enjoy a 360 degree view of my "artscape". Join me in discovering and uncovering the creative soul that we all possess.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Revelation: Magazines


I picked up two new magazines and browsed through them this Mother's Day. I found them inspiring, and can't wait to try a few new ideas. I want to try some mixed media pieces. I love old papers, materials, and what nots... I am a boderline hoader.... I love keeping little odds and ends of junk that I have some sort of emotional attachment to. I love tucking them away somewhere that makes no sense, and then rediscovering them later and reminiscing... does anyone else love finding that old ticket to the movie in the jacket you wore last Spring, or digging deep in your jewelry drawer and finding the soap bar from the hotel you stayed at in 1983! I just love that! Somehow I want to work that feeling into a mixed media piece. I have been mulling this idea over for years. Someday it will come together for me.
Magazines of the Day:
Somerset Studio: somersetstudio.com
cloth paper scissors: www.clothpaperscissors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment