This blog is intended to encourage others on their journey into their creative "artscape". I have enjoyed many years as an artist learner, creator, and teacher. Life is inspiring, and I want to share the vantage point that I have been fortunate enough to view life from. I want to move a smidge over, and invite you to sit right next to me, and enjoy a 360 degree view of my "artscape". Join me in discovering and uncovering the creative soul that we all possess.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

revelation: fragrance of nature

Can there be anything more inspiring than the change of Seasons? In Michigan we enjoy beautiful Spring flowers. The trees are budding, the flowers are up, the birds are singing, the days are getting longer, and beauty is all around us! We have lily of the valley by our back door. You can smell it as you go in and out. It's a real treat this time of year. We have lilacs by the back door, and later we will have lavender by the front door. I really love to have fragrant flowers near the entrances. I love the reminder to slow down and notice the changing flowers as I come and go throughout the day. I enjoy painting flowers, some of the joy of flowers is the smell. It's hard to look at a photo or painting and not be reminded of the beautiful smell. It's important to enjoy the world with all of our senses, and to bring that to our artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment