This blog is intended to encourage others on their journey into their creative "artscape". I have enjoyed many years as an artist learner, creator, and teacher. Life is inspiring, and I want to share the vantage point that I have been fortunate enough to view life from. I want to move a smidge over, and invite you to sit right next to me, and enjoy a 360 degree view of my "artscape". Join me in discovering and uncovering the creative soul that we all possess.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Tip #3- Just do it!


Here are a duo of huge canvas' painted orange, ready for whatever is next!
Sometimes it's just hard to get started. So many people want to be creative, and they wish they could draw or make artwork. I can't tell you how many people tell me they wish they could draw, or they used to paint and they wish they still did... I am here to say, just do it! It really is like exercise. You have to just do it. You don't have to wait to be good, or to have the right equipment, and there is no reason to be afraid of failure. If you want to make something, just make it! The more often you do it, the better you get, the more you understand, the more confident you get. As with exercise, start simple and easy. Begin with scribbles and doodles, or simple shapes, or cut and paste some fun pictures together. Enjoy yourself! Don't think that everything you make has to be a masterpiece. You don't have to frame everything you make, and it doesn't have to be a gift to anyone. If you want to throw your work away, who's stopping you? Don't let anything get in the way of having fun, and enjoying the process of what you are making. Unlike exercise, you don't need a Dr.'s permission to start, no matter how out of shape you are :) Let me know if you get creating. I'd love to see your progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment