This blog is intended to encourage others on their journey into their creative "artscape". I have enjoyed many years as an artist learner, creator, and teacher. Life is inspiring, and I want to share the vantage point that I have been fortunate enough to view life from. I want to move a smidge over, and invite you to sit right next to me, and enjoy a 360 degree view of my "artscape". Join me in discovering and uncovering the creative soul that we all possess.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wonderment: daughters


This is Mother's Day. A day to wonder about, and enjoy all that motherhood means to me. These are paintings I did of my daughters about a year ago. Here they are hung at an art show Cara (my oldest daughter) and I did together last Mother's Day. I wanted to show their heritage, so I wrapped them in a quilt design that a great grandmother sewed- and I still have the quilt.
The girls truly are a blessing. I treasure the day each of them were born, and I am amazed how swiftly they have grown into beautiful young ladies. They are beautiful inside and out, as my Grandmother Mills used to say... I wish my mother, and my grandmothers were here to see them today. They would be so proud of them. These girls are a tribute to the mothers before them. I see so much of my mother in them- especially Cara. Cara has many of the same expressions, movements, and interests as my mom. I also see my husband's mom on them- especially Jena. She shares my mother-in-law's looks, and personality. The girls have certainly seemed to have inherited the best traits of all, they have been handed down a love of family and friends. They are lucky girls, and I am so very proud of them. I'm lucky to be their mother!
They are both artists themselves. Jena's major is Human Centered Design, and Cara's BFA is in sculpture, and her Masters is Art Admin. (she's currently looking for full time employment) Cara and grandma are working on artwork right now. Cara is making beautiful, and slightly quirky, little fashion sculptures, and Carolyn is making lovely, floral reliefs. What a great hobby to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment