This blog is intended to encourage others on their journey into their creative "artscape". I have enjoyed many years as an artist learner, creator, and teacher. Life is inspiring, and I want to share the vantage point that I have been fortunate enough to view life from. I want to move a smidge over, and invite you to sit right next to me, and enjoy a 360 degree view of my "artscape". Join me in discovering and uncovering the creative soul that we all possess.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Revelation: capture the moment


Even a driveway can be so beautiful. My front drive captures the sky at sunset, and can look quite astounding! I have never taken the time to learn about photography- but I sure wish I could capture moments like these better. I will have to leave that to the real photographers I guess, and just try to engrave these quiet, colorful stills in my memory. A photograph aids the memory, but I am working on "unframing" the snapshots I am storing in my brain. I have spent a lifetime learning to crop pictures in my "mind's eye". For the last few years I have been refocusing my mind's eye, and retraining myself to see without framing and cropping everything! I am freeing myself, and unframing my brain. I want to store these scenes further down in my soul- past the analytical cropping and framing part of my art brain. I want to emotionally store them, and get them deeper into my being- where there are no words, or static, tangible means of expression. I want to choose these treasured moments to be the pallette that reveals itself in brushstrokes of all my life's work, whether it is a painting, teaching, cooking dinner, or doing laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment