This blog is intended to encourage others on their journey into their creative "artscape". I have enjoyed many years as an artist learner, creator, and teacher. Life is inspiring, and I want to share the vantage point that I have been fortunate enough to view life from. I want to move a smidge over, and invite you to sit right next to me, and enjoy a 360 degree view of my "artscape". Join me in discovering and uncovering the creative soul that we all possess.

Friday, May 21, 2010

tip #8- Find tools you love to work with!

I have fallen in love with Sharpies! Now my daughter loves them too! She bought a new one for me that is black with a thin line and it clicks in like a pen. Love it!!!! There are Sharpie pens too- that don't click in...
I also am in love with my liner brush for painting! Do you have one? If you don't, it's worth trying. You have to thin the paint way down, then you can write or draw pretty thin expressive lines with it. I used it a lot in my summer flower series, and in this sunflower field painting.
I have an 8 year old student who has fallen in love with a certain color of blue glitter crayon. I know just how she feels! It's a joy to watch her put her heart into it!
Find something you love to use, some materials are downright addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment