This blog is intended to encourage others on their journey into their creative "artscape". I have enjoyed many years as an artist learner, creator, and teacher. Life is inspiring, and I want to share the vantage point that I have been fortunate enough to view life from. I want to move a smidge over, and invite you to sit right next to me, and enjoy a 360 degree view of my "artscape". Join me in discovering and uncovering the creative soul that we all possess.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Isn't it great when you catch students totally engrossed in work they chose for themselves! At the study studio there was a small group of boys reading about Leonardo da Vinci and Mona Lisa- and I didn't even tell them to! They just wanted to! Yes! One of those moments you live for...
reading about mona lisa at the study studio

Some of the classes "earned" cotton for their snow scenes. Classes can earn special materials by great behavior. They have to be attentive when I am talking, productive during the studio time of class, and clean up within 1 min 30 sec! I am rooting for them to earn lots of "extras". Today one class earned the materials to make their own clay- very exciting!
adding cotton for texture

adding analogous colors and tinting at the painting studio

No comments:

Post a Comment