This blog is intended to encourage others on their journey into their creative "artscape". I have enjoyed many years as an artist learner, creator, and teacher. Life is inspiring, and I want to share the vantage point that I have been fortunate enough to view life from. I want to move a smidge over, and invite you to sit right next to me, and enjoy a 360 degree view of my "artscape". Join me in discovering and uncovering the creative soul that we all possess.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A2 Art Fair '10

me in my booth, ready to enjoy the Ann Arbor Summer Art Fair '10
This was my 2nd time having my own booth at the Ann Arbor Summer Art Fair.  The first booth experience I had was with 4 other Michigan Art Teachers.  We were selected through a jury process by The Guild.  They helped us to learn the process so that we could share with our students what it is like to be a professional artist selling at outdoor fairs.
almost 500,000 people attend this art fair

jammin' on the corner

My husband made an opening in the back of the booth to try to catch a breeze inside,
and so we could sit behind it and still see if someone was in the booth.  It was unbelievably hot!


The tax collectors taking a quick break-
this was such a hot tiring day for these hard working gals! 

a postcard of me!

and a postcard of me!

lots of doggie art critiques at the fair

a swim noodle in the corner to help keep the rain from puddling on the roof


view behind the booths

view from my booth

one man band at the corner (I'm sure he made more $ than I did!)




living statue at the corner
medics watching the one man band at the corner


My daughters- also artists, willing to do anything to help out!
My chosen sister, Mary, with her other family:)
Here's my best helper, critique, and all around good guy!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment