This blog is intended to encourage others on their journey into their creative "artscape". I have enjoyed many years as an artist learner, creator, and teacher. Life is inspiring, and I want to share the vantage point that I have been fortunate enough to view life from. I want to move a smidge over, and invite you to sit right next to me, and enjoy a 360 degree view of my "artscape". Join me in discovering and uncovering the creative soul that we all possess.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Art Tip: Happy 4th of July!

Fireworks #1Image by Camera Slayer via Flickr
Just a very quick art tip today...
Holidays and Seasonal objects and concepts make great starts for a painting.  For instance, when thinking about today, I could make a painting or a page in my sketchbook about so many things!

Here's a list of ideas I could go with:

  • I could just start with the colors red, white, and blue and make a stars and stripes design
  • set up a patriotic still life with things like the apple pie Cara made,  flags in a blue vase, and some red zinnias and roses from the yard
  • make a more realistic watercolor of the fireworks we saw from the boat over Coldwater Lake last night
  • maybe an abstract of the night sky with fireworks
  • photography of the family sharing the holiday can be used to inspire a painting
  • the horse was pretty stirred up by the fireworks- a white horse running under the big firworks in the sky was quite a beautiful sight
  • kids licking ice cream cones, or eating watermelon
  • people lined up for a parade
Maybe this will help spark some ideas of your own!  Have fun thinking about your art, and setting goals of what you want to accomplish.
Happy 4th of July!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment